The Restless Gemini

Έν οίδα ότι ουδέν οίδα --- Hen oida hoti ouden oida

November 07, 2005

Praise and Inspiration


I got my very first comment on my blog from buddy Thirumurugan today. Needless to say, I was happy and was inspired to write more. I was just thinking, how good must one be feeling when he/she receives a hearty praise. I used to pretend that I am above praise and recognition at my workplace and I would keep doing my duty. It was only a matter of time before I realised that I was fooling myself, since internally I was craving for praise and recognition. It has been proved through scientific studies that praise inspires human beings and animals alike to perform well and do better.

As always, I googled and stumbled upon this quote from Mary Kay Ash, a successful entrepreneur and founder of the Mary Kay range of Cosmetics and Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation - "No matter how busy you are, you must take time to make the other person feel important."

Iam reminded of a famous inspirational speech by Winston Churchill at the House of Commons, immediately after taking over as the Prime Minister of England on 13th May,1940 at the height of World War II. - "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. Victory victory victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror."

Read it here...
http://www.winstonchurchill.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=391

Finally, again Courtesy Google, an inspirational quote by Zig Ziglar, which I think one should remember while praising and inspiring others..."If you're sincere, praise is effective. If you're insincere, it's manipulative."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home